Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The things I admit to.....

So.....This may be a "you had to be there moment" but I'll share my embarrassment with anyone looking for a small laugh.

Scott and I have recently joined Crossroads Fitness Center. In the beginning they do a program with you where they set you up with a personal trainer, get all your beginning benchmarks (weight, measurements, % body fat etc...), and they set you up with a program.

I had my first appointment today. It just happened to be with a guy which isn't my first choice but I just want to get a program and get going with this whole thing. After the dreaded scale we went back to his office....a closed off little room in one of the corners of the gym.

This trainer told me we needed to get my measurements and we'd start with my waist. I was thinking...Oh great, if getting weighed isn't bad enough now he's measuring me. He then said he needed to find my belly button (not the easiest thing to find these days). Well, I wasn't sure what exactly he meant by he needed my belly button so I asked if I needed to take my shirt off? Yes, I know, what was I thinking that was a really dumb question. He proceeded to tell me I could just point at it through my shirt. A few minutes later he said, "By the way, we keep all our clothes on in here." I was a little embarrassed by the whole thing but tried to keep it really low key and cool. So now that's it's over I can be embarrassed that I suggested taking my shirt off in this guy's little office.

5 comments:

The Harwood Family said...

That's pretty funny Becky! Thanks for the laugh!

Andrea said...

LOL! That was worth more than just a small laugh! I'm glad I'm not the only one who ever makes airhead moves. (:

Stephanie B said...

That's funny, what he cute at least?

Stephanie B said...

what is suppose to be was

Alice said...

Becky, did you think you were playing the blanket game? LOL!!! :) You are too funny!!! I can see your face asking him that! I bet you were the barrels of laughs at his home that night. :) He was telling his friends...this crazy lady asked me if she should take her shirt off so I could find her belly button!!! LOL! I can't stop laughing...sorry! :)