Saturday, May 23, 2009

First Dance Recital

Last Saturday was Aubree first dance recital. She has been taking tumbling and ballet for the past year. For the most part she has loved it. It was only hard to get her to go if she fell asleep and I had to wake her up right before dance.

It's been good for her to practice at something and get better. Aubree is a perfectionist and has a hard time if she can't do something perfect the first time. This has helped her try something and she that she can improve.

She was very proud of herself by the end of the performance. It was so fun to watch her on stage, even if it was only about 2 minutes. At the beginning they had everyone come out with a colored ribbon and she came out waving at us fast and furiously.

I was really glad she actually performed and didn't just stand there. She tried really hard and I have to admit I was proud of her for getting up on stage and doing her thing.

I tried to get a few pics before the recital but Aub wasn't in the picture mood. I managed a few shots though. They wouldn't allow flash photography during the show so the ones I tried there all turned out blurry. We did video it though.

Aubree wasn't too excited at first when I told her she had to wear her hair up but she really liked the final result. It was all pulled back in a bun. Some of these pictures don't even look like her because her hair is pulled back.


I thought her eyes looked nice here even if she wouldn't smile.

This doesn't really look like her but she's my little dancer.Here she is showing off some of her techniques.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

She looks so darling in her dance outfit! It's always fun to hear about her dance class that she loves to tell me about. :)

Stephanie B said...

She looks so different with her hair back. Her face looks so thin. What a sweet girl. She looks like a model in the picture that is two up where she's looking off.