Monday, May 4, 2009

Dear Brave Aubree

Aubree may be older than Sydney but she definitely isn't braver. (Is braver even a word?) When going to the doctor Aubree asks Syd to go first so she can see if it's going to hurt. When warming up her milk (yes, Aubree likes to warm her milk in the microwave....YUCK!), she will immediately give it to Syd to see if she's going to get burned. Aub can always talk Syd into doing something as a "test" to see if it's safe to do.

Sunday morning was no different. We have a few little sugar ants roaming around our house in different spots. I keep spraying them when I find a bunch of them together. As I was getting ready on Sunday the girls found some in my bathroom. Sydney will get down and pick them up and squeal with delight. Aubree loves to watch Syd pick them up and play with them. After a few minutes of watching Syd play with them this is what I saw and heard.

Aubree: Watch out Syd, I'm going to scare them.

Sydney: Okay (She basically does whatever Aubree asks.)

Aubree: She didn't say anything but she showed the ants her scariest face. She put her fingers in her mouth and pulled the sides of her mouth as far as she could.

I was laughing. Aubree thought she was so brave and her scary face would make all those ants scatter all over the place. What will she come up with next?

4 comments:

Stephanie B said...

That's awesome. Oh, the power of a big sister. I never had that power over Kim.

Ann said...

I realize that Aubree is adopted, but she really did get some of your traits. I remember a certain older sister of mine that would make me do everything! I really mean EVERYTHING!!!

Kenzie said...

So cute!!! I love it... Kids are fun, and I had a big sis, you really do everything they say

Katie and Kyle said...

That's adorable. It's so great to have those two girls close. They can be good friends and playmates. That's the best.