Saturday, March 13, 2010

Is this really happening....

I don't know if this is for real or not but I am actually posting something on my blog. I REALLY want to be more consistent.....we'll see if it happens.

Well, it's a reality. We spent our final day in South Ogden on February 17th, 2010. It's such an emotional experience to move. I had and still have such mixed feelings about it. It's hard to say good-bye to friends and life in general that is comfortable and going well. It's hard but also exciting to start over.

As we wrapped up our last few days in South Ogden we also spent time in Pleasant Grove getting our house ready to move into. First of all, I thought I could clean my new house in 2 days and be ready to move in......I was wrong. As soon as I started working (with Ann's help) the house grew and grew and grew. After hours of cleaning I hadn't even made a dent. That's when I decided I needed a little more help. I talked Ann, my Mom and Stacie into coming back on Monday to finish the cleaning. After working so hard all day on Monday on this big empty house all I wanted to do was "go home".

Monday evening back in South Ogden I wondered how I would ever call my new house "home." It's a nice house but it just didn't feel like home.

On Tuesday the movers showed up and started packing us. I couldn't believe how fast they were. They had the entire house boxed up by about 3 pm. I just asked them to leave our beds with bedding so we could sleep in them that night. On Wednesday the movers loaded everything into the moving truck and I cleaned the house. By about 4 they had it loaded and I had the house cleaned and ready to show for any interested buyers. I was exhausted.

With tears streaming down my face I closed the door to my home and said good-bye. I cried about for about the first half of the drive to my new house. The thing I was most excited about was I could actually be with Scott every day again. We had an old mattress that we brought the week before so we would have something to sleep on and the girls sleeping bags. We spread out in the master bedroom and spent the night.

The movers showed up bright and early Thursday to unload our stuff. I couldn't believe how many boxes kept coming out of that truck. I thought they would never finish but eventually they did. I immediately started unpacking the kitchen.

Here's Aubree and I after emptying about 2 boxes. The work was just beginning.
This is how we found Sydney. She just couldn't take anymore excitement.

So, this starts the next chapter in our lives. I loved the previous chapter but can't wait to see what lies ahead.

17 comments:

Eichmeiers said...

Hi Becky!! We miss you guys! Im sure your beginning to love your new place now. It takes time but you will:) Good luck with everything and keep blogging so we can see whats going on with ya!!!

Ann said...

I can't wait to come see your house with furniture.

Kendra Belliston said...

Wow, I can't believe you guys moved! That was such a big shock for us. It is so hard to move but you and Scott are such great people that you will make friends anywhere you go. Keep the updates coming with more pictures of your house! Its fun to see what you guys have been up to. We wish you luck!!!

Kenzie said...

We will miss you guys so much!!! I am excited for you and your wonderful new place. Thanks for helping us with adoption and everything, we will never forget it... We love you and wish you the best!

Andrea said...

Yay!! I'm so glad to "see" you again! I hope you are settling in well. Preschool just isn't the same without you. Keep the updates coming!!

The Harwood Family said...

Becky, we were in Utah last week and didn't know where to find you or how to call you! So sad that we missed you! We'll be back in May! I cried as I read your post. It brought me back to the day we left South Ogden. I think I cried all the way to Boise that day! We survived though! :)

colleen said...

Leaving is hard, that's for sure. The South Ogden days were definitely happy ones for us. I am happy for what lies ahead for you and all the new, great people you'll meet. I miss you, though!!

Stephanie B said...

All I have to say is that you look like a skinny minnie. You look fantastic and I can't wait to see pictures of the house.

Christy said...

Good luck getting settled!

The Reid Family said...

Becky we were in the old neighborhood the other day and I noticed your home was for sale. Now we are kindof neighbors again!! We are about 20 min away in Eagle Mountain. I am just barely starting to feel comfortable in our new home and its been 6 months!! It definately takes time and its hard to replace the old ward and neighborhood. There were lots of tears!! It can feel so lonely sometimes, but you guys will fit in great I'm sure. Good luck with everything and if you need anything or just need a familiar face it would be fun to meet up one time!!

The Coombs' said...

Well, what I can see of your new house...I love it! I hope you guys are having fun! Did you get my email about Gabe and Ali's little party this weekend? We would love to see you if you guys can make it! We were so sad to see you go too, hopefully we don't lose touch. And... I'm so proud of you for finally posting on your blog. You better keep it up!! We love you!

Kelly said...

We miss you! I taught preschool today and I kept asking--Where's Aubree? Guess it hasn't sunk in yet. PLEASE, PLEASE keep up on the blog so we can keep up with the Darringtons! You are missed dearly. But we are glad you are moving upward and onward. More house pictures please!!

THE BOWMAN'S said...

Wow, I didn't know that you guys were taking off! Pleasant Grove is pretty lucky to get such a great family. Good luck with everything, you'll do great!

Alice said...

Becky! Wow, I am shocked that you have moved! I hope you enjoy Pleasant Grove. Matt's uncle lived there and loved it. It looks like a beautiful place, at least we thought so when we visited! :) I sure miss you! We really need to keep in better touch! Love you!!!

Stefanie said...

I know exactly what you mean! I cried when I left our house in that neighborhood, and to tell you the truth we really miss it. You know how much I loved pushing my stroller all over that neighborhood. That was such a great place to start a family and we will always have such happy memories of our life there. Good luck with the newest chapter.

Jennifer and Tyler said...

I LOVED reading your post! I also LOVED reading your comments because I can agree with all of them in that you will truly be missed and you and Scott and your darling girls are such wonderful people. I love reading the comments from so many people that used to live here and some that still do. All great people and I'm lucky to know them and you! Dinner club has been a disaster without you and your smart brain! I messed up royally a couple of times but it all worked out. Love ya and miss ya tons! more posts and pics please! xoxo

Sarah Empey said...

Congrats! It's always hard to "start over", but you'll love it there. Did you know that's where I grew up? Curious to know where you live exactly...