Thursday, November 6, 2008

Halloween Week

So, it's taken me awhile to get to this post mostly because Scott has been gone all week and that makes it a difficult week. By the end of the day I am not "loving" my kids quite as much as usual so it's hard to write about how cute they are. Scott is great to give me a break when he gets home from work. I miss that sooooo much. I don't know how single moms make it.

The other thing about Halloween is, it's not my favorite holiday. I guess I'm kinda a stick-in-the-mud type when it comes to dressing up. I always disliked it as a child because I always felt my costumes were dumb and I wasn't very creative. Consequently I'm still not very creative when it comes to dressing up.

And the last reason I have why this has taken me so long to get to is it seems like the festivities lasted a whole week long and that takes a few minutes to blog. Trying to put all reasons aside I'll now post a few pictures and call it good.

My mom found a Jo-Jo the Clown costume at a garage sale this summer. So, I didn't have to spend a thing on Aubree's costume. She actually got to choose between a BYU cheerleader and the clown costume. I have to admit that I hadn't actually ever heard of Jo-Jo before this costume. Scott finally found the show on tv and dvr'd it for Aubree after she already wore the costume.

Sydney was the bunny that Aubree was when she was one. It was a little big for Aubree but it fit Syd perfectly at 2 years old. She absolutely loved wearing the costume and is still telling anyone that will listen that she was a bunny. She even loved the little hat thing and didn't take it off once. I thought Syd looked adorable. I guess I'll toot my own horn and say that I actually made the bunny costume myself. It hasn't even fallen apart yet.This picture makes me laugh because Sydney has changed from the saddest tear stained face to laughing hysterically at Aubree. It amazes me how kids can go from one emotion to the next in a matter of seconds.

Those pictures were all taken before our ward trunk-or-treat, which was the Saturday before Halloween.

On Tuesday we had a little preschool field trip to a Corn Maze/Pumpkin Patch. The kids had some fun activities. The big whiteboard slide was the biggest hit with the kids though. Aubree just couldn't get enough of it.



Syd's got a fake finger on from one of the activities. She was pretty proud of herself for figuring out that's what it was.


Aubree was trying her best to stand away from the game but she couldn't help leaning just a bit.

Here's Syd trying to hide in the cornstalks.

Here's the preschool gang. They all really had a great time. I hope to go again next year.


We also carved our pumpkins on Tuesday night. Aubree actually helped this year. She was pretty good at poking the little holes in the stencil. Scott got about half of his carved and decided he was done. It was actually Syd's pumpkin and she didn't really mind but I tried to fix it up a bit so a candle would at least burn in it.

I guess you'll notice neither of the girls have any clothes on. It's just easier to clean them up that way.

We participated in the city's trunk-or-treat on Wednesday. Scott bribed Aubree to be the BYU cheerleader for that night. He told her she could wear make-up if she wore the cheerleader costume and people would give her more candy than if she was a clown. She was pumped about wearing all that make-up. We didn't get any pictures that night.


On Friday, which was actually Halloween we went to Ann's house and had dinner together and then took the kids out trick-or-treating. Aubree was actually sick so she didn't really enjoy it that much. She had a fever and was very lethargic. We even saw Santa out while we were trick-or-treating. That kids thought that was pretty cool.

My mom even dressed up for the occasion in her clown costume. She was proud because some guy told her she got the best mom costume.....She wasn't proud because her costume was great but because he called her the mom and she's the grandma.

Last picture of my Aubree girl. She was trying to be excited as the fever burned inside.


So, there are the festivities for the week. Overall it was fun and we have way too much candy. I'm just happy I don't have to worry about costumes for another year.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

It is starting to feel a bit like Halloween is taking on a sort of Holiday season image, with all kinds of decorations and parties and activities--it's busy!

Your girls look adorable. As usual.

I love the picture of the girls going down the slide holding onto each other--classic.

Holly said...

We had way too much candy too. My idea was to put the candy bars in freezer bags and freeze it for up coming months.

Jen Bailey said...

Your girls are adorable and I'm very impressed with your bunny sewing skills. By the way - you're not alone ... I'm not that into Halloween either - especially the candy binge!
Rocchi!!
- Sorella Bailey