Sunday, March 22, 2009

Trying to learn...

So, one of my goals for the year is to learn a little more about photography. I just really have a fascination with it. It's fun and interesting to me.....anyway, here are a few random pics I took while learning more about the manual settings on my camera.

Unfortunately for Aub and Syd my goal is a little painful for them. I'm always asking them to "pose' for the camera and they usually don't want to cooperate. The best way to get Aubree to be my model is if I let her take some pictures too.

Here's Aub's cute toes. I took this using the Aperture mode with a small F number so it would only focus on a small part of the picture.....her toes.

These were a couple that Aubree got to take. We just used the timer, she pushed the button and ran.

For this one I increased the shutter speed and caught Aubree in mid jump. I took several like this and Aubree thought they were hilarious when I showed them to her.

Just some random pic of Syd so she doesn't feel left out of this blog entry. Did I mention how pumped I am to have the snow gone!!!


Once again Aubree is trying her best to ignore the camera that's in her face as she watches something on TV.

5 comments:

Ann said...

I love the one of Aubree jumping. You have got to show me how to do that on my camera.

Stephanie B said...

I love those pictures!! The ones you took of Kim's kids are adorable!!! You are so talented.

Brooke said...

Very cool pictures! I think I learn something new every day with my little point and shoot camera. I refuse to read the owner's manual, so I just plain experiment with it once in a while. I even found out it took little bits of video the other day...who knew?

Great picture of the snow "walls" on the sidewalk! I am very excited too that the snow is pretty much gone. We love finally going outside again!

Tiff and Trev said...

Becky! You never cease to amaze me! I miss you like crazy! Now that it's warm enough to go outside...where' Becky, my next door neighbor?!

The Coombs' said...

Great Pics Becky!