Sunday, July 19, 2009

Annual Coalville Trip

In June we joined Ann and Cody for a day at Camperworld in Coalville. Growing up we spent many summer days and nights swimming, camping and enjoying life at this campground. I want my girls to have fond memories from some of the same places I enjoyed as a child. Needless to say this is not Scott's favorite thing...but because he loves me he participates.

We actually didn't spend the night and Scott was golfing all morning so this was ideal for him. The girls loved it.

After spending a few hours in the pool Aubree got brave enough to trust her life jacket. She realized she could swim all over the pool, even in the deep parts. It was fun to play with her and watch her confidence grow.

We built a fire and spent a little time around the campfire. Here are a few photos just hanging out.

It wouldn't be a true camping experience if everyone looked nice and cleaned up.

I added this one because I loved the lighting.

We were able to watch them feed the fish in the little pond in the campground. If you look close you can see the fish jumping to catch the fish.

Here are the kids around the pond. I'm sure the people fishing weren't appreciating all the noise we were making but it's not the fish were going to eat much after just being fed anyway. Syd and Aub were "shaking their booties" here.

It turned out to be a fun day.

No comments: