Thursday, May 22, 2008

Tires, Tires, Tires

Lately, we haven't had the best of luck with tires. On April 1st (April Fools Day) I hit something in the road and destroyed the front passenger tire. Scott came to the rescue and put the spare on and got us to a tire store. Luckily he didn't even question it being an April Fools Day joke. The ironic thing is as I was trying to find someplace to pull over I passed 2 different tire stores. Oops, I panicked.

About a week ago I ran over a screw or bolt or some object in the road that wasn't suppose to be there. I thought I heard a clicking noise so immediately I pulled over to check it out. I didn't see anything and the tires all seemed fine.

Later that same day I was going to clean the car. I went to pull it out and sure enough it was flat as a pancake. Again, my heroic husband took care of things so we could once again have transportation.

Today we met Ann at the store and she thought something was wrong with one of her tires. As we were checking them out we couldn't find anything wrong with the one she thought was bad but we noticed little wires coming out the back tires and it was as bald as bald. If I know it's bald that's pretty bad. Ann decided she needed to get the car into a tire store.

As we were sitting in the van waiting for Ann to drop her car off Aubree was telling Ty everything there is to know about tire stores. She told him we always go to the tire store and something to the effect of that's where you go when you have tire problems. As Ann walked out with a guy to check out her tires Aubree said, "See Ty-Ty, that's the tire boy." She felt so knowledgeable about the whole situation.

It's amazing how much they observe and learn just by living. I had to laugh at how important Aubree felt because she knew so much about broken tires.

2 comments:

Scott's Blog said...

Aubree knows waaayyyyy too much about broken tires. Let's see if we can go a week or two without getting a flat.

urpy said...

I feel your pain. We are ALWAYS having flat tire problems. You remember last summer in California. Come to think of it, Scotty came to our rescue as well--hunting down the tire store and getting us there. (Just a side note, Rob was busy changing the flat. He's always coming to my rescue too.)