Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Merry Christmas

I've decided one of my favorite things about the Christmas season is the way people treat each other. It just seems everyone is a little friendlier, more helpful and caring towards each other. I noticed this especially in my neighborhood this year.

I wasn't able to make it to the neighborhood Christmas outing for 2 reasons, I was sick and my family was at my house that night but I love the fact that someone organized this and invited the neighborhood. Also a neighbor that I've really never met came and helped me shovel our driveway after one of those storms we had. He was really nice and I felt bad about not getting to know him before. (Scott went the next morning and bought us a new snow blower, I can't believe I can actually see the driveway. I'm not holding my breath, it is only December but it's a good start for us.)

I just love the Christmas spirit.

1 comment:

Alice said...

I love Christmas for the same reasons. I have tried to figure out why that same spirit can't be carried throughout the year...still haven't figured it out, but it is nice to feel so strongly for one whole month. :) How nice of your neighbors! Thank goodness for good neighbors.