Saturday, December 13, 2008

Tis the Season

Tis the Season for soooo many things. Probably too many things because every year during December I try and do to much and end up getting sick. This week is no exception. I've felt a cold coming on for the past week and it has finally hit. Today I am trying to take things a little easier.....though I still went out shopping at 3 different stores. If I get the change to go alone being sick won't even stop me.

Last Saturday we had our ward Temple Morning/Christmas Breakfast/Primary Activity. Aubree got to be a shepherd as the kids acted out the nativity. She was very proud of her role. She also got to sit on Santa's lap. She actually did it and asked for a dog that swims. She was sooo brave. Sydney on the other hand wasn't so brave. She didn't even want to get close to Santa. I tried to help her get close but as you can see in the picture she was not very happy about it.

Aubree has been bugging me about taking a picture of all of us by our stockings every since we hung them up. We set up the camera and she got to push the button and run. It's actually kinda a cute picture.
We had a nice family bring us the cutest hot chocolate mugs with marshmallows, hot chocolate mix, cookies, etc. Basically it was the works and very thoughtful. We had to have a hot chocolate party in the evening. It was very fun and warmed us right up.This week has been crazy!!!! On Monday during the day I watched 4 different kids throughout the day, had Ann over and we had about 7 kids here, made 2 batches of caramel and dipped 3 bags of pretzel rods in the caramel.....YUMMY! I also did laundry.....everything was folded/hung up and put away, cleaned my house and we had 18 people over for FHE. It was fun but yes, it was crazy.

On Tuesday I made 2 more batches of caramel, dipped 2 more bags of pretzels in caramel and then dipped all 120 pretzel rods in chocolate, 20 marshmallows dipped in caramel and chocolate and drizzled them all with white chocolate. I also did some shopping in the morning and stayed up until 2 am working on this. I should have taken a picture of all the goodies but I was too tired.

Wednesday I tried to work out but felt too sick after being on the treadmill for 20 minutes so I came home. I spent the afternoon and evening working on Primary stuff. I had no idea how much time it takes to be ready for a new year. We had a Presidency meeting that evening and finished up 20+ manuals to be given to Primary Teachers on Sunday. I also made another batch of caramels to be wrapped.

Thursday I put together 45 goodie bags with all the pretzels and caramels I made. I also recleaned the house because it doesn't stay clean for more than an hour or so and Kimmy (Scott's sister) was coming for the night. We went to Temple Square in the evening to leave a car for Kimmy to come home and we visited Temple Square.

It was great to spend some time looking the temple, lights, nativity and Christus on Temple Square. I felt it really helped me remember the reason for Christmas. It was great to talk about that with my girls and help them focus on that. Friday I woke up feeling ill but still had things to do. We drove Kim to the airport and went to Ann's house. After finishing up our quilt blocks, making another batch of caramels for a few more pretzels and marshmallows (because all the others are pretty much packaged up to give away) we decided to make Peanut Butter Truffle Centers. Once again....yummy! I wasn't feeling very good but I kept going. We made a stop at Costco on the way home to buy a dessert for a party Scott and I had later in the evening.

I got home and crashed. I was SICK!!! We decided to call and cancel because I wasn't going to be able to make it.....now I have a huge chocolate cream pie in the fridge to eat. We stayed home and watched a movie but I still stuffed all my Christmas letters and got them ready to go.

I woke up this morning and I'm trying to feel better but still have to do a few things. It just seems like it's impossible to take a day off this time of year. We have 2 different places we're suppose to be to tonight.....I don't know if either of those are going to happen. Hopefully I can be better by tomorrow because I really can't miss church tomorrow. Maybe next year I'll slow down a bit and not get sick.....but probably not.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Haha, Syd's face with Santa is too funny! And, wow, talk about being Ms. Productive last week! You're awesome! Hope you get feeling better soon.

Alice said...

Becky, I feel exhausted reading about all that you have done in a week!!! :) No wonder you are sick! I admire your enthusiasm. :) I gave up on all that stuff a few years ago because I got depressed not living up to my expectations for myself. We usually add moving and an anniversary to the month also! :) This year is no exception...we are moving my mom back to Idaho. :) Well, anyway, I wish I could eat some of your treats!! But, we are too far away. :) Love you Becky! You're still my hero!

Scott's Blog said...

Maybe you should take a day off, like I've been urging for the past week.

Since you aren't listening to my advice in person I figured I would try to communicate with you through your blog. :-)