Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Through the Fence

Last night we got home from dance, Lowes and cleaning the car at about 5:45. As we were walking in the door Sydney had been telling me her tummy hurt. I thought she was hungry. Needless to say she barfed walking in the house. That took some time to clean up and I was just getting dinner started at 6:20.

Meanwhile Aubree headed outside and saw that Eliza, our backyard neighbor, was outside on the other side of the fence. Aubree ran in to ask is Eliza could come over and play? I said not tonight.

A few minutes later Aub came back in and said, "Why can't Eliza come over?"

I said, "Sydney is sick, it's almost time for dinner and I don't have much patience tonight."

The next thing I heard was Aubree saying, "Because Syd is sick and my mom doesn't have any patience."

I was a little embarrassed but oh well. Then Aubree and Eliza played for the next half our together but a fence apart. It's amazing how many games they played. The best was hide and seek. One would turn around and count while the other hid in her respective yard. Then the counter would peek through the fence slats and try to find the other one.

It was comical. I just love that the kids can outside and play. It is so nice. I'll post a picture of my big project this week. I am rather proud of myself.

1 comment:

Stephanie B said...

If you remember our deck looked right onto our neighbors deck - they were about 2-3 feet apart. Lauren and our neighbor's daughter, Ellie, would play out on the deck for sometimes hours at a time. They would pass barbies back and forth and dance for each other. Just another reason why we miss maryland.