Saturday, January 31, 2009

Aubree's Random Things

Most evenings I have some funny little thing to tell Scott about the girls. Usually it's something they've said to me. This month has been no different.

One morning things were going pretty normal, which means I have to get fairly stern to get the girls to get dressed, get their hair done, clean their room and pick up any toys that are out. As Aubree was talking to me our conversation went something like this:

Aubree: "Mom why are you mad today?"

Becky: "I'm not mad Aubree."

Aubree: "Oh, I mean why are you fired-up?"

I just laughed and realized she really does listen to the things Scott and I say.

American Idol has started again and it's usually a show that I feel comfortable with watching as a family. The other day Simon was telling one of the contestants that he 'hated' everything about the audition.

Aubree has had a small problem with using the word hate. I really don't like the word and have stressed that we don't use that word. As Aub heard Simon say 'hate' she said, "Mom, he shouldn't say the word hate." I told her she was right about that and then she said, "I bet he doesn't believe in Jesus either." I had to let her know that just because people use 'bad' words it doesn't mean they don't believe in Jesus. They are just making poor choices. It made me chuckle though that she correlated the two.

Here are a couple of pictures of Aub as she was all gussied up to go to the temple. She wanted a necklace and lipstick so she could look like me.

Aubree got all shy in front of the camera when Scott got home and started giving her hugs but she couldn't help but love it.

1 comment:

Alice said...

She is so cute! I love how our kids pick up on all the things we have told them not to say. Shut up is one of the words I don't like. Carter came home yesterday and told me his friend says it all the time and he keeps telling him "My mom says that is a bad word!" It is funny how they repeat everything we say...Scary!

Oh, I can hear you saying "all fired up!" :)