Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Von Darrington Family Singers....

If you haven't read Scott's most recent post on the obsession of the Sound of Music in our house you can learn a few family secrets there. I just wanted to add a few little things the girls have done since learning about this most entertaining film.

Aubree does not want to be called Aubree anymore, she informs me numerous times a day that she is "Griddle" (Gretl). She refers to Scott and I as Father and Mother instead of Dad and Mom. It's just too funny. Sydney has followed Aub's example by saying things such as, "I not Sydney I 'Yee sil' (Leisil), silly mommy".

The other day we were in a dressing room while I was trying on some new pants. Before I knew it "Griddle" and "Yee sil" were standing behind me (as we faced the mirror) and they started poking their little heads out from behind me singing "Coo-Coo, Coo-Coo". They thought they were pretty funny and they could see themselves singing away.
We have also downloaded a few of the songs from the original soundtrack. The Von Darrington Family Singers can do a pretty amazing rendition of "Do Re Mi". It's an especially sweet treat in the car. I've also got "Do Re Mi" down on the piano (half of it's even memorized because I've played it so many times). So if you're looking to be entertained we accept bribes for performances.

1 comment:

Stephanie B said...

I love the "Coo-coo" story. I've been trying to get Lauren into the movie since we got back. We've watched half of it. She too loves the "so long farewell." song.