Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Rowley Reunion 2008

The annual summer Rowley Reunion was on the 24th. Usually we do an overnight thing but with Grandpa's health conditions he wouldn't be able to attend unless it was at their house. We're all thinking it's probably his last reunion.....It's still hard for me to see Grandpa the way he is now. He's not the same Grandpa I grew up with.

It was fun to catch up with everyone and it wouldn't be a family reunion without tons of food. I couldn't believe all the goodies. It made me sick to look at but that didn't stop me from helping myself to a few little treats.

Before the reunion we went to lunch and took the girls mini golfing at Trafalga. We were the only ones on the outside course so luckily nobody was mad about the girls doing "their" own thing most of the time. I only beat Scott on a couple of holes and I don't even know what my final score was. I just know Scott beat me.
We thought about going to Squaw Peak in remembrance of the first time Scott and I went there together. That's where Scott first brought up the idea of marriage. I didn't realize at the time that would be the most romantic he'd get. We didn't really have time so we'll have to live that memory another time.

3 comments:

Ann said...

The reunion was pretty fun! I think mom and dad have a squaw peak memory as well.

Stephanie B said...

I would love to hear the Squaw Peak story... maybe at our reunion.

Sarah Empey said...

You guys parked at Squaw Peak?!?! Does your bishop know about that?... I went there once too, but I was to timid to even touch the poor guy! Maybe Cam and I will have to go there and make up for it. Wanna come? ")