Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Where Now?


Today was one of those days that I just couldn't be home any longer. I tried to look through the Sunday Ads (even though it's Tuesday) to get an idea of something I needed to buy. I couldn't come up with anything. Scott wasn't going to be home until after 7 pm and I just couldn't sit at home.


I finally decided we would head to Weber State to walk around the duck pond. After gathering our crusty bread we were on our way. It was extremely hot and there wasn't much shade but we quickly made friends with the ducks.



It did make Aubree nervous that there were a couple following us. She wasn't about to sit and relax when there was a duck right there quacking for food.




I was able to find the one shady spot and take a few pictures. One day these girls will thank me for taking a new picture of them every day of their life......maybe.


On the way home we stopped at McDonalds for ice cream and my dreams came true. Scott called said he was home and it was only a few minutes after 7. YEA!!!

4 comments:

The Marlatt's said...

I know how that is everyday!! Derek rarely gets home before 7 and those last few hours of the day are so rough sometimes..

Ann said...

We might have to go there together sometime when it is a little cooler. Is there as much duck poop there as there is at the duck park in Layton?

Stacey Mom said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who goes a little crazy when their husband doesn't gets home late. The hours fromm 4-7 really do drag. It was good to see your family in SV, i'm excited to see you and Scott in MD.

Alisa

Dannenbergs said...

I feel ya!! I'm not used to this stay at home mom thing yet... I seem to fight for something to do everyday... and spending money runs out pretty quick when I'm resorting to the mall everyday. We try to go on lots of walks... but Maryland is Hot and Humid. We miss you all!!!