Sunday, July 27, 2008

Warning: BIG hair alert!!!

I know this is just headed for disaster by posting these pictures to go along with my little outing but here's a little self humiliation.


Last week I was able to attend a 50th birthday party for my high school volleyball coach. She is an amazing coach and as I look back I feel she really made a big impact on my life. Some of the things which I continue to enjoy today (volleyball) can be attributed to the time and effort she put into teaching me.


I was never the star of the team at Morgan High just a solid player that really enjoyed the sport. I don't think I would even come close to making Morgan High's volleball team now days but back in the day they let people like me play (even with the big hair).


Looking at the pictures you would think that hair of mine would have been an advantage when it came to blocking. I'm surprised anybody could get the ball past that big hair of mine. Anyway, I had to put a picture of Coach Wiscombe here. This was my Senior Year, so this picture was taken in 1992. Can you figure out which big haired girl I am? That picture is not close enough to get the real effect of the hair. I was number 2 on the top left hand of the picture. My best friend and I both played. We did everything together. Melia and I then went to Ricks College together. She got married after our first year and left me high and dry. I did manage to have some fun without her around.

This is the 2 of us together.

And one last picture for anyone that can't imagine me actually playing volleyball. Here's the proof. I am the one trying to hit the ball, which you can't see, so who knows if I actually hit it. Looking at the gym, it looks like we are playing in Manti. I can't believe it looks that familiar to me but I'm pretty sure that's where it was.

One last comment about my "glory" days. I don't think I have a single picture where my mouth isn't wide open like that. It just automatically opened when I jumped.

6 comments:

Scott's Blog said...

WOW! Are you jumping off a trampoline in that picture?

Tiff and Trev said...

LOVE the hair, Becky! Thanks for sharing! I wish I had some cool pics like that to show...

Ann said...

I think it is a toss of up of who has the biggest hair, you or Rebecca? I can't really imagine Rebecca's hair that big right now.

urpy said...

I can't even imagine posting some of my high school photos. And I loved, loved, loved the photo of you spiking! So awesome!

Stephanie B said...

Great action shot!! I love the hair. Go to love the 90s

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures. And I'm glad that I was not in highschool during the early 90's. Aquanet, a blowdryer and a perm. You just couldn't go wrong.
We need to play some volleyball again. I want to see if you still play with your mouth wide open.